Film Equipment Checkout
PLEASE NOTE THE CAGE HAS MOVED
The FAVS Equipment Checkout Cage is now located in the Art & Design Building, Room AB 1008.
Video equipment is available to check out for FAVS majors ONLY that are enrolled in the following FAVS production courses:
- FAVS 255 - Video Production For Film
- FAVS 333 - Sound Editing and Recording
- FAVS 365 - Documentary Filmmaking
- FAVS 375 - Fiction Film Directing
- FAVS 378 - Web Series
- FAVS 399 - Special Topics (When the topic is Video Production)
- FAVS 497 - Senior Film Practicum
- FAVS 499 - Senior Project
Equipment Checkout Hours (Spring 2019)
Monday - Friday 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
*Open hours will accommodate weekend check-ins and checkouts. Students are invited to use these hours to practice and work with the gear.
Please allow 30 minutes for checkout to test the equipment.
Email email@example.com to request equipment. You will have to present your Mason ID in order to check out equipment.
Equipment Checkout Policy
- Borrower MUST be a declared FAVS major AND enrolled in one of the above listed production classes
- Priority is given to those enrolled in FAVS 499 - Senior Project
- All requests are on a first-come, first-served basis
- Equipment must be properly checked/tested before being checked out and upon return
- Borrower accepts responsibility for safe, timely, and undamaged return of equipment. They are also responsible for the replacement and/or repair of damaged equipment.
- Borrower is responsible for scheduling pick up/drop off times with the FAVS Student Assistants.
- Failure to return equipment may result in action by the Dean of Students or the University Police. Borrowers will be responsible for any legal fees and costs associated with such action.
- Requests for equipment checkout must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or arranged in-person
For more information on equipment, please contact Andrew Jorgenson at email@example.com.
For those enrolled in a COMM production class, equipment may be checked out from the Student Video Center. Video equipment is also available through the STAR Lab, for those who are not eligible for or when equipment checkout is not available through FAVS or COMM. Please contact them directly for available equipment and reservations.